Thanks to Meaghan for tagging me! We’re getting further and further away from New Year’s, so I wanted to get this out quickly. 😉
- Link to the person who tagged you!
- Link to the creator of the tag: Bookmark Chronicles!
- Answer the questions below!
- Tag friends!
Best book and/or series that you’ve read in 2018?
It’s a toss-up between Wayward Children by Seanan McGuire and the Fairyland books by Catherynne M. Valente. As for standalones, there were even more candidates but I’m going with Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley because it was an unexpected 5-star read, and I generally like surprises.
Authors that you’ve recently found and would like to read more of in the new year?
Definitely Cath Crowley, if the rest of her books are anything like Words in Deep Blue. I think I started reading Catherynne M. Valente in 2017 or so, but I’ve only read a few of her books (and loved them all). Also Gillian Flynn and Anna-Marie McLemore.
Most anticipated book turned movie/tv show?
Funnily enough, I’ve been struggling to find one to fulfill this PopSugar prompt — but the problem must be my aversion to using rereads for reading challenges, because 2019 is bringing us adaptations of Artemis Fowl (though I don’t know whether I trust Disney anymore after A Wrinkle in Time) and His Dark Materials! Also, Chaos Walking stars Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley, though IMDB says it’s not coming out until 2020
and I actually wasn’t a huge fan of the books.
Name a character that you wouldn’t mind sharing a kiss with at midnight (if there is one)?
Hm. There’s a lot of these, because I fall pretty easily for fictional characters and I love cheesy romantic things like New Year’s Eve midnight kisses, but I’ll go with Blue Sargent — we know who her true love is, so I know I’m not in any danger. 😜 Or maybe Levi Stewart, because he’s a total sweetheart and confirmed good kisser.
How many books do you hope to read in 2019?
My reading challenge is set for 150 because I really have no idea how much reading time I’ll have, but ideally I’d like to hit at least 200 again! Last year I read 251, which was up from 164 the year before, but since I’ve also got more going on (both blogging and personal) this year I don’t really expect to set a personal record.
Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge or any others?
Yup! This post lists all the challenges I’m taking on this year.
Any New Year’s Resolutions?
Quite a few, though really they come down to a handful of pretty generic goals:
- Improve my physical health: add working out to my morning routine, set a better sleep schedule, stop eating (so much) junk food.
- Look after my mental health: take regular breaks, stop saying yes without considering all my existing commitments, create distance from people who make me feel bad.
- Take better care of the environment: avoid plastic straws, bags, and disposable utensils; bring my own reusable cup to Starbucks; be more aware of my water and electricity usage.
- Make time for fun: arrange more hangouts with friends, participate in the school mud run (?), stay in and read if that’s what I feel like doing.
Tagging: Clo @ Book Dragons • Soph @ Bookwyrming Thoughts
• Michelle Likes Things • Meeghan reads and bakes • Kristina @ Books and Dachshunds • Fictionally Sam • and, as always, anyone else who’s interested!