- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, congrats!
- Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate those for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, list 7 things about yourself.
A huge thank you to Meeghan for nominating me! (Go check out her blog, it’s full of awesome stuff.)
- I don’t like being asked to talk about myself. 😜 It’s my absolute least favorite interview question (yes, I would genuinely prefer to tell a potential employer about my weaknesses in painstaking detail!), and I actually shuddered when I saw a discussion guide suggesting that you substitute this question for something potentially awkward like “What do you do for work?” because not everyone has a job or wants to talk about said job. But also, not everyone likes talking about themself!
- I was born and raised in Northern California. So I only say “Cali” or “San Fran” when I’ve been spending too much time around non-Californians (e.g., my college friends); I can talk pretty extensively about the differences between NorCal and SoCal (keep your beaches and year-round summer; I’ll take rain and hiking trails any day — though preferably not on the same day!); and I was lucky enough to grow up with a lot of Asian-American friends so I’m pretty secure in my cultural identity. Oh, and In-N-Out Burger > Shake Shack. (ง •̀_•́)ง
- Probably directly because of (2), I’ve always wanted to live on the East Coast. (Grass is always greener and all that.) And hey, I’ve ended up at an East Coast university, so I’ve kind of managed it! Not sure yet where I want to go after graduation, though. Maybe the Midwest? 🤔
- I’m a proud intersectional feminist. Being Taiwanese-American and bisexual
and overly active on Tumblr in my early teen years, I’m personally invested in the fight for equality for hopefully obvious reasons. And even as a QPOC (Queer Person of Color) I still have quite a bit of privilege — I do my best to keep it in mind, but I’m not perfect of course. Please do call me out — not publicly though! Over DMs, or anonymous message if you prefer — if I ever say something that makes you uncomfortable or offended, because I’m always trying to better educate myself!
- Speaking of Tumblr, the first fanfiction I wrote was a canon-divergence AU for Tokyo Mew Mew (Kisshu x Ichigo, aka Kishigo). It was extremely cliched and poorly written, but the FFN community was super welcoming so I stuck around … and eventually moved on to Clace (Clary x Jace, The Mortal Instruments; mostly all-human high school AUs) then AO3 & Bellarke (Bellamy x Clarke, The 100; lots of college and tropey fluffy modern AUs). Currently I’m on hiatus, but definitely considering coming back — it’s good writing practice
and I lowkey miss being involved in fandom.
- One time I took the Myer-Briggs test and it said I’m an ISTJ? Also I’m a Capricorn and self-identified Ravenclaw. (Pottermore said Gryffindor, but Pottermore lies; I would fight the Sorting Hat on this one. And I don’t really trust the MBTI either.) Anyway, the takeaway is that I’m very Type A, somewhat studious and ambitious. But also combative. YOU DON’T KNOW ME, INTERNET QUIZ.
- Related: I’m a chronic overachiever. Just look at my 2019 Reading Challenges, or my every-other-day posting schedule. I’ve been mainly self-motivated since childhood,
and like everyone else from my high school I have imposter syndrome and/or a superiority or inferiority complexso my therapist would probably say that’s where it comes from.
Fifteen is a lot of blogs, considering I’m still very new to the community and very slowly getting to know people. But I do somehow have more than 15 followers and definitely more than 15 blogger friends, so I won’t be able to nominate everyone who deserves it — that list would be long enough for a post in and of itself. But without further ado and in no particular order, here are my nominations:
Clo @ Book Dragons 24/7 • Soph @ Bookwyrming Thoughts • Michelle Likes Things • Cami @ Reader in the Attic • Para @ To Other Worlds • Lisa @ Lili Star Reads • Olivia’s Catastrophe • Fictionally Sam • Brigid Downey • Ruby’s Books • Becky @ Uptown Oracle • Kristina @ Books and Dachshunds • Emma’s Books • Jayati @ It’s Just A Coffee Addicted Bibliophile • Anna @ The Scones & Tomes Society