This meme and the original header image were created by Evelina @ Avalinah’s Books!
Look, at this point I’ve just accepted that I won’t be completely satisfied until I have no ARCs left to read, and realistically that won’t happen anytime soon. That said, between spring break and the two 6-hour flights that bookended it (pun intended 😜) I managed to get through a grand total of 19 ARCs from my TBR pile, bringing the total down to 18 ARCs from the 29 it’s hovered at since January.
The end is in sight! (Okay, not quite yet. But hey, it’s progress.)
And despite what I said earlier about needing to finish literally all the ARCs, I do think it’s been a pretty good reading month:
- I managed to finish off March ARCs before they became overdue;
- I’ve gotten a slight headstart on April releases;
- and as a bonus I’ve completely polished off my #ReviewPit stack!
Oh, and I finally earned that “25 Reviews” Netgalley badge, which you can peek at in my blog sidebar! (Still working on that 80% feedback ratio; I’m sitting at 66% right now.)
I know … We were on a
break ARC ban! But in my defense, most of these requests and giveaways were already pending before I announced my ban — plus, since this is only half as many ARCs as I picked up last month and I got through more ARCs than I did last month, the TBR pile is finally starting to substantially decrease!
Though, in the interest of honesty (since the point of this meme is accountability and all) I have to admit that I don’t know how long it’ll last. I only read one non-ARC book this month, and finals are starting to loom … but if I stay on my “ban” and keep review requests closed, I should be able to maintain some momentum.
Or so I tell myself.
As always, you can click the titles below to see the Goodreads page and the rating or (x) to see my review.
New review copies (8):
- The Brilliance of Fireflies by Leslie Hauser [#ReviewPit]
- Smoke and Key by Kelsey Sutton [YA Bound Book Tours]
- Anna Undreaming by Thomas Welsh [Publisher]
- Lying in Wait by Liz Nugent [Goodreads giveaway]
- The Altruists by Andrew Ridker [First to Read]
- Please Send Help by Gaby Dunn & Allison Raskin [Netgalley]
- Finale (Caraval #3) by Stephanie Garber [Netgalley]
- A Hero Born by Jin Yong [Goodreads giveaway]
Read This Month (12):
- The Manic Pixie Dream Boy Improvement Project by Lenore Appelhans | 🔥🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- Strategy Strikes Back: How Star Wars Explains Modern Military Conflict ed. by Max Brooks, John Amble, M.L. Cavanaugh & Jaym Gates | 🔥🔥🔥
- My Name is Rose by Alexa Kingaard | 🔥🔥
- Anna Undreaming by Thomas Welsh | 🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- To Best the Boys by Mary Weber | 🔥🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He | 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Paper Bag Mask by Brock Heasley | 🔥🔥🔥
- Forte by J.D. Spero | 🔥🔥
- The Brilliance of Fireflies by Leslie Hauser | 🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- Battlecry by Emerald Dodge | 🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- Smoke and Key by Kelsey Sutton | 🔥🔥🔥 [Blog Tour: RTC]
- We are the Catalyst by Tash McAdam | 🔥🔥🔥🔥 3/4
DNF’d This Month (7):
- Love From the Barricade by Ashley Jean Granillo (x)
- Breaking and Entering* by Jeremy Smith (x)
- Tales From a Small-Town King* by Antony Takis Tsegellis (x)
- Gems of Fire by Diane E. Samson (x)
- Oasis by Bharat Krishnan (x)
- The Trial of Lizzie Borden by Cara Robertson (x)
- Tears You Apart by Shannon A. Hiner (x)
* These books were casualties of my ongoing war with Adobe Digital Editions — meaning that I lost access before i could review them. Iron, Fire and Ice almost was as well, but the publisher was kind enough to send me another e-arc.
Currently Reading (0)
I’m so close to filling out my ARC bingo for the first half of 2019! Although I do have some more nonfiction ARCs that are technically “no-romance,” next month is the A-spec readathon (focusing on asexual/aromantic characters) so it seems fitting to save it for then … even if I have to temporarily lift my ban to secure a match. 😉
How’s your state of the ARC looking? Have you read any good ones that I should look out for (after I catch up more on the ones I already have) or that I should get to soon if I already have them?